Holy crap, I’m obsessed. I can’t stop. And I don’t know what to do about it.
The game is called “Scramble.” Not Scrabble. Scramble. The little word game that comes in the form of an app that you can download to your smartphone. The object is to make as many words as possible in 2 minutes and try to beat your opponent.
I know I have a problem. Here is a small list of why I think so:
- When I should be cleaning the house, but I’m not. I’m playing Scramble.
- Dinner needs to be put on the table. But it’s not. I’m playing Scramble.
- I should be asleep but I’m not. Until 1am, I’m playing Scramble.
- The kid is speaking to me. Do I hear her? No, because I’m playing Scramble.
- I should be spending quality time with DH. The kid is in bed. We are sharing a bottle of wine. But I don’t pay attention to him. Because I’m playing Scramble.
- In the car. Actually, no. I don’t play in the car because it makes me dizzy.
The really fun part is I can spell bad words. Like Ass, Shit, Shat and Damn. It’s so much fun when I can spell out a bad word. It’s like that thrill you get when you spell a word out with the numbers on a calculator. hELL. Ooh, what a rush.
There is a downside though. This is what I see when I close my eyes:
I lie there imagining words that I can make. Sometimes I can’t turn it off. Sometimes it drives me so crazy I could just about jump off the nearest bridge. It’s like hearing Roseanne Barr singing one verse of the National Anthem over and over again in your head.
There are a couple of die hards that I play with. I sit and play and wait for my opponents to take their turn. Sometimes it can take hours. What happened? Are they sick? Did they get hit by a bus? Where are they??? Come on people, you’re killing me…..
The kid keeps asking me when I’m going to get sick of it. Like Facebook, it’s so “yesterday.” I’m like a crack whore. I won’t get sick of it. I can’t get enough. Ooh, wait. What’s this “Ruzzle” game all about? Hmmm. Maybe I should check it out.