I was nominated for the Liebster Award! What is the Liebster Award, you ask? It’s an award that is given to up-and-coming bloggers to motivate them to continue their work. It’s such an honor to receive this award. Thank you, Sarah Day of Parent Your Business. You are awesome!
There are some requirements that I must complete if I would like to accept this award. One of them is to share 11 random facts about myself. So, here you go:
- My head over-produces wax. If you just met me, you would think that I was going deaf. This drives my family crazy and sometimes I will go months without going for a proper cleaning just to make them even crazier. I’m sorry. Did you say something?
- I jumped Rob Lowe once. No, seriously. I literally jumped him. He was kinda drugged up though so I’m pretty sure he doesn’t remember. (When I say “jump”, I mean fully clothed, crazy, lunatic fan kind of jump. There were no bodily fluids exchanged. Eww.)
- I lived in 5 states and Germany by the time I was 12. Because I come from a very rich family and we were total jet-setters. Just kidding. I was an Army brat.
- I was so debilitatingly shy when I was a child that I would pee my pants instead of ask my teacher if I could go to the bathroom.
- I hated the final book of the 50 Shades of Gray trilogy so much that I never finished it. This just means that I have to go see the movie because I never found out how it ended. Oh shucks.
- I also abhor pedicures. Yuck. So, I guess I am a hater of 50 Shades of Gray Toenails 3. Ok, that was stupid. Sorry.
- I worked as a dental assistant for 5 days when I was 19 because I was asked to fill in while my dentist’s assistant was on vacation. I had no idea what I was doing and had diarrhea for a week.
- I love the smell of gasoline, mothballs and rubber cement. No, I don’t go around sniffing all that stuff. Does anyone have any Elmer’s? You know, for my friend.
- My guilty pleasure is The Real Housewives of NYC. No one bother me while the bitches are on or someone will get hurt.
- My first concert ever was Ann Murray. My second was Menudo. It’s a long story.
- My great-grandfather invented Fiberglass and the backing for mirrors. Most interesting fact here and it isn’t even mine.
Another requirement is to answer 11 questions posed by Sarah:
- If you could be any celebrity, who would you be? Hello??? Umm, Kristen Wiig, of course. That is one funny chick. She has funny down to a science.
- If you could be any profession, what would you be? Archeologist. Because I love to dig in the dirt in the hopes of finding dinosaur bones. Or money.
- What’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled? Does Myrtle Beach count? Oh wait. I went to Tortola once.
- Do you come from a big family, or a small one? I’m Irish Catholic. That pretty much sums it up.
- How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in January 2013 and loving every minute of it (even though Sarah didn’t ask me if I love it or not, I’m telling you anyway.)
- Do you still blog the same sort of content that you did when you started out? Yes. I have always blogged humor from the get go. Once in a while, you will find something serious. But that’s usually when I’m ovulating (yes, I still ovulate…sometimes).
- Do you write anything else besides your blog? I kinda sorta started a book. Actually, 2 books. After almost 47 years, I suddenly have stuff in my head. I don’t know where it came from.
- Where did you last vacation? The un-exotic Myrtle Beach, SC. Oh wait. Last summer we had a stay-cation and I tanned on the back deck. I had a margarita, too.
- Do you have pets? What kind? No. The Kid had one of those crazy fighting fish for about a minute. RIP James Pond.
- What’s your favorite ethnic food? Is sushi ethnic? If not, mexican.
- If you had a free afternoon, would you prefer to go to a museum or a movie? Museum. I love history so much it’s crazy. It’s kinda weird considering where it’s coming from (if you know me, you get it).
Now I have to pass this honor on to some very deserving bloggers. I nominate, in no particular order, the following:
Miriam at Miriam Gomberg. Miriam is crazy awesome. I feel strangely connected to her. Could it be because she’s a mermaid? Perhaps.
Lara at Just Lara. Lara is frikin’ amazing. She is real and has a genuine talent for writing. She’s totally cool.
Rhonda at Bitch and Whine. Hello? How can you resist someone who has a “Douchebag of the Week” post? Seriously. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this myself.
Jenn at I Make Myself the Queen. Jenn is funny, quirky and funny. She’s a chick after my own heart. I think she is my sista’ from anotha’ motha’, I swear it must be true. I totally get her.
Kim at Kim Ulmanis. I literally just met her and I am in love. ‘Nuf said.
If you accept, please complete the following. It could take some time but it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers (and don’t forget more fans…where would we be without our fans?)! I was nominated at the beginning of the month…well, I am a bit of a procrastinator so, you know…anyway, here are the questions I came up with for you to answer:
- What genre book do you prefer (thriller, horror, romance, etc)?
- What is your favorite smell/scent?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
- What is your favorite all time movie?
- If you could pick one place to go in the entire world, where would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could choose anyone, dead or alive, to have dinner with, who would it be?
- What is your absolute dream job in the whole entire world?
- If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?
- What kind of music will I find on your playlist?
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post that includes the following:
- Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
- Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
- Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
- Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already know about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.