On this cold and windy Thanksgiving Day, I sit and I wonder at all that I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family, good health, a warm house, my friends, both old and new. I am most definitely thankful for all that I should be thankful for. For all those things that we take for granted. But I’m also thankful for other things.
- I am thankful for you, DVR and On Demand. Without you, how would I get my weekly fix of Dr. McDreamy. Even though McDreamy was a second to McSteamy. I am NOT thankful that they killed him off. Why did they do that? I still mourn.
- I am thankful for washing machines. As much as I bitch my life away while throwing in a load, I think I would just die if I had to squat down next to a river and bang rocks on my undergarments.
- I am also thankful for dishwashers. And I am thankful that I can ram that little machine to the hilt and still get my dishes clean. (DH begs to differ on the ramming it to the hilt thing, but do I care what he thinks? No. Because then I would have dishes in my sink waiting for the next load. I have a “dishes sitting in my sink for any length of time” fear. It’s a real phobia. Look it up.)
- I am thankful for down comforters. I am especially thankful for the down comforter when it finds its way downstairs on the couch (thanks, Kid). The only problem is I cannot get off the couch once I’ve sat my ass down with that comforter pulled over me. It’s a real problem. Thank God for dishwashers and washing machines. That shit gets my shit done. Fast.
- I am thankful for those little tin foil pans. See #3.
- I am thankful for indoor plumbing. I’ve been camping. Getting up in the middle of the night, getting dressed and going outside in the cold to relieve myself is not my idea of a good time. Especially when there is a skunk giving you the hairy eyeball as you make your way to the latrine. So, thank you toilet. Even though I do have to clean you once in a while.
- I am thankful for tweezers. Thank you for keeping my face from looking like that of Sasquatch. You are the gift that keeps on giving.
- I am thankful for elastic waistbands. Without you, I would run the risk of losing my pants when I have to unzip them to let out the turkey belly. Or as The Kid says, “my food baby.”
I could go on, but I have to go and prep some stuff for my Thanksgiving Day. Which brings me to being thankful for maids, cooks and butlers. Even though I have none of them. But I promise I will be thankful if I ever acquire any or all. In the meantime, I will be thankful for my toilet brush, oven and furniture polish. Those are the next best thing, right? Yes. That’s what I will continue to tell myself. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Go and eat too much!Mo