The summer is almost over. We are in the absolute final week of it. Sigh. Every end-of-spring, my family sits down and creates a Summer Bucket List. It’s really not very hard to accomplish, but somehow every summer, it doesn’t get accomplished.
Well, maybe some of it sometimes. But mostly not and it makes me feel real bad. Right now this list has become nothing short of some kindling for my wintertime home fires.
So, here is our SBL and what it really means:
- Go to the beach, like a lot = We did go to the beach. Once. Also, I accidentally got wet setting up the sprinkler for the kids at My Job.
- Hiking = I went for some walks in my neighborhood. But I did that alone. No family involved. I did ask if they wanted to go though. They said no. Their loss.
- Kayaking = Umm, does talking about doing it, going into the garage to look at our kayaks and then saying, “let’s go kayaking this weekend” but don’t actually go, count?
- Amusement Park particularly Six Flags = I’ve been going for a ride with The Kid at the wheel almost every day since June. That’s approximately 4 days at Six Flags. Maybe not as fun, but still an adventure. Amusement parks also do not cause gray hairs. Or wrinkles.
- Go to “Puppies & Kittens” – I don’t know how this got on here and why I would even allow it. It must have been an afterthought when I wasn’t looking. Puppies and kittens are cute, but that place smells like pee.
So, my big question is can we rollover what we don’t use? Or do we get a do-over? Summer just always seems to be over in the blink of an eye.
Winter? That bastard hangs around for an eternity. Mother Nature sucks. Or is senile. Whatever. It’s just all so wrong.