I spent the day with my best girlfriend yesterday. We have been friends since high school — almost 30 years. We don’t get the chance to see each other as often as we would like. Besides living about an hour away from each other, we have busy lives. But when we do get together, it’s as if we never missed a beat.
This chick knows the good, the bad and the ugly about me. I can say what I want and act how I wish when I am with her. I can be 100% me, no questions asked. There is no judging going on. There is no weird jealous crap. There is just pure friendship. Do you know how refreshing that is? Yes, you do. Because every one of us has a friend like this. You may even be lucky enough to have a few. But just a few. Because honestly, that’s all we need.
We were talking about a lot of good shit yesterday, as we do. And the conversation soon turned to the differences between men and women. Particularly between a man’s relationship with a good friend vs. a woman’s relationship with a good friend. Here’s what we came up with:
- Men will not sleep in the same bed together. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve squished my ass between some friends on a bed. No problem. And no funny stuff. I just don’t swing that way.
- How many men will share a blanket with 3 other men to watch a Meteor Shower? I’m guessing the number is pretty low.
- There are not too many “selfies” posted of guy friends laying in the grass. Unless they are women men, if you catch my drift. Nothing wrong with that, I’m just saying.
- I’ve never seen DH laugh so hard when he is with friends that he pees his pants. I pretty much do that almost every time I am with someone I feel comfortable with. Of course, I may suffer from a bladder condition. After all I’ve been peeing my pants since 1979. “Peeing My Pants Since 1979.” That should be my tagline.
- Conversation between men is usually about anything with an engine, golf or weather. Ok, so we did ponder the reason for a Meteor Shower. But we were drunk, so that doesn’t count. Other than that, our discussions range anywhere from sex to menstruation, the color of our poop to stupid crap our kids say.
- They don’t share clothes. Or lipstick.
- Women are very affectionate. When we see each other, we kiss and hug. Men? Well, they don’t do that. I’m guessing because it makes them feel gay or something. Again, nothing wrong with that.
I love men, they are awesome and I’m sure they have great relationships. But we women just know. They do have to be the right person though. Because men will argue that they don’t stab each other in the back or are catty. And they are right. So just choose wisely. My BFF wouldn’t do that. Would yours?