Something happened to me when I posted that recipe I made up last week. I suddenly have this insatiable desire to share, share and share some more.
I get the feeling that more than less of you are like me. Maybe you don’t necessarily hate cooking per se. But perhaps you are just too busy with life. You know, kids, work, grocery shopping, girl’s night.
You know who you are. Like me. I know who I am. Sure, I’m busy with all that, but I just hate to cook. But to prevent myself from sounding like an actual broken record, I’ll stop there.
This meal is perfection. It’s faster than a speeding bullet. It’s a crock-pot number so that means put it together in the AM and when you return home in the PM from whatever it is you were doing, dinner will be ready.
It’s not healthy. That is my warning. But it is full of yummy goodness and once in a while you can splurge. So, consider this a treat.
BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1.5 pound Pork Loin (more or less depending on who you’re cooking for…go ahead and shove a whole big loin in there if your pot allows it)
- 1 liter of B&W Root Beer (it has to be B&W or it just doesn’t taste the same. I know because I tried to save 20 cents and it was different, it just was.)
- A bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Place the loin into the pot. Pour the root beer over the loin until it is fully covered. (I just pour the entire thing in there because otherwise I will just have about an inch of soda left over and no one will drink it so it will go to waste and I really hate wasting anything.)
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take the pork out of the pot and place on a platter. Using two forks, pull that business apart.
- Add your favorite barbecue sauce to your liking. I like it nice and wet and moist (that sounds weird, but you know what I mean if you get your head out of the gutter).
- Serve on a bun.
Done. I always make some steak fries on the side. And a can of corn for veggies even though corn really doesn’t have any nutritional benefits and just comes out in your poop even though you think you chewed it up nice and good.